Program Director of Master of Science in Physician Assistant
Thiel College is excited to announce a search for the founding Program Director of the Master of Science in Physician Assistant program. Advancing the College’s strategic plan, Thiel 2021: Student Success, the successful candidate will develop a plan for program growth and excellence.
The Program Director will be a visionary leader in the field of Physician Assistant and bring a commitment to serving our community and region. Open rank, this leadership position will work closely with the faculty and academic affairs to develop a widely respected M.S. program in Physician Assistant. The Program Director will be responsible for the recruitment of academically prepared students who can thrive in a rigorous graduate program, effective day-to-day communication, interprofessional collaboration, curriculum development including clinical rotations, program assessment and planning, fiscal management, and evaluation of faculty. The candidate will serve to develop and implement the strategic plan, and will provide guidance and oversight through the initial and ongoing accreditation process as the program prepares to seat its first class of students. This position reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, is a member of the Dean’s Council and works closely with all departments and offices on campus to ensure student and program success. Collaboration with Marketing and Admissions will be key to strengthen the College’s market position, attract prospective students through innovative programs, and increase the enrollment of talented and motivated students.
The College is in the process of applying for accreditation through ARC-PA and plans to open the M.S. in Physician Assistant in May 2021. The curriculum reflects two pathways for students into a career as a physician assistant. It has been designed intentionally to serve well students who are prepared for an accelerated and blended program in which students graduate with a M.S. in PA in just over five years and students with undergraduate degrees who enroll into a twenty-seven month M.S. in PA program.
1. An M.D./D.O. or master's degree in physician assistant with current NCCPA certification.
2. Licensed as a physician or physician assistant within the state of Pennsylvania.
3. Proven leadership ability in the field of physician assistant.
4. Substantial experience within higher education, including full time experience in a physician assistant program.
5. Knowledge of the physician assistant program accreditation process and familiarity with the details of experiential education and site establishment within the healthcare community.
6. Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, service, and fostering empirical research.
7. A vision and interpersonal skills to build partnerships inside and outside the program in physician assistant, the College and the wider community.
Email letter of interest, curriculum vita and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method), or mail application materials to: Jennifer Clark, Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA. 16125.
Review of applications will begin March 25, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.